Takeout Food Given the current state of the world, most of us have no choice but to eat at home, sometimes depending on takeout. The coronavirus has affected our daily routine, and our dietary habits are no exception. Research has shown that 70% of consumers have succumbed to the delicious and handy clutches of food delivery in recent months. Perhaps even more telling about our eating habits, 60% of people prefer to order food directly from the restaurant rather than from online delivery services.
Takeout Food Get those taste buds ready for a new delicious experience only in Jacksonville. No other Florida city has more unique flavors than Jacksonville, a melting pot of cultures and tastes, with a thriving culinary culture pioneered by local chefs that have been nationally and internationally trained. Jacksonville’s food scene is an eclectic hybrid of inspired casual elegance and classic southern comfort, infused with the flavors of the coast and a dash of international flair. Life is short, eat well in Jax!
Whatever your craving might be, you will find the perfect restaurant for you in Jacksonville. From elegant bistros, to popular chains, fish camps and everything in between, Jacksonville is a destination for food lovers with great taste. In Jacksonville, the term “locally sourced,” and even “farm to bar,” is more than just hype. Local restaurateurs are committed to sustainable practices using local seasonal ingredients whenever possible to create delicious menus that showcase the best of Jacksonville and Northeast Florida. If you enjoy a liquid meal then local coffee shops and the Jax Ale Trail is something you need to explore. Our city is home to 20+ craft breweries, pick-up your craft brewery passport today!
Below are some even more fascinating facts about takeout in the USA:
The most ordered food by a wide margin is chicken. Over 12 states are noted as seeing an increase in ordering chicken-based dishes.
Chinese dishes take the second spot for popularity. More and more people than ever before have turned their attention to this tasty Asian cuisine when ordering takeout.
Pizza, perhaps surprisingly, comes in third. Many Americans, especially the younger crowd, seem to crave pizzas, be they vegetarian or laden with meat toppings.
- The next most popular food for takeout is the all-mighty burger. A simple veggie burger, a cheeseburger, and a huge variety of other types of burgers are popular choices of many Americans.
- Some states have also developed a wider taste for Mexican food. This cuisine is quickly taking the American population by storm.
- Almost one out of four Americans opt for the same kind of fast food daily.
- Americans consume 31% more packaged food than they do fresh food.
- Perhaps not surprisingly, more than 20% of Americans consume their meals in their cars.
- About 10% of Americans’ disposable income is spent on fast food.
Believe it or not, french fries are absolutely one of the most popular comfort foods. A variety of availability has increased the ordering of this fantastic food, whether for a meal or a simple snack, and the famous fry has fans in every pocket of the USA. Even when people are ordering more substantial or even completely different food items, more often than not, fries are the side dish of choice to accompany their meal.
- Pad Thai: Recently, this food item has started growing leaps and bounds in popularity with the American population. Pad Thai has emerged overwhelmingly in various parts of America.
- Pizza: In terms of the most ordered food, pizza is right near the top. About 79% of the American population is opting for pizza to satisfy their appetite when it comes to takeout. Available with a choice of various toppings and varieties, this Italian staple is worth a favorite for many.
- BBQ: Has anyone ever imagined enjoying a barbeque while stuck in quarantine? It’s happening! BBQ falls in the category of one of the most ordered types of food during the pandemic. A meat heavy plate, perhaps with fish and other char-grilled items cooked on an open fire, is a huge craving for many. If you are a vegetarian, then you can alternately order paneer, sweet potato, broccoli, and many other veggie options to satisfy your taste for succulent BBQ.